Monday 8 January 2018

My experience with the Sketch50 movement

I had an amazing experience through my participation in the sketch50 movement from March 27, 2017 to April 15, 2017. I learned about the event from one of  Wanda Terral's tweets. Sketch50 was an initiative launched by a number of teachers through social media. It mainly addressed educators and students. The aim was to sketch something related to a daily prompt we were given for a period of 50 days. I resorted to a google calendar displaying each day's prompt and also to the relevant tweets with the prompts by Sketch50. The hashtag we used on twitter was #sketch50.

In the beginning I felt I would not manage it at all. My co-participants' likes and some retweets encouraged me to continue and reach the end of this great journey. Picking the app that suited you and learning how to use it was a great challenge at the beginning. The apps I personally used included Loose Leaf, Adobe illustrator Draw and last but not least Paper by 53.


🙂I enriched my PLN as I met so many bright and like-minded people on twitter! Some of them include:

🙂I liked the fact I got a badge for each theme I completed at https://www.badgelist.com/Sketch50-2017

🙂I enjoyed the great finale with Sylvia Duckworth's sketchnoting live presentation, which was available by EdTechTeam Live.

🙂I used my imagination to develop ideas through sketching and I became more creative.

🙂I got more observant about objects around me. Have you ever thought how fast we are walking past objects around us without noticing them?

🙂 I started instilling my passion for sketchnoting in my students!

Here are my sketches 1-50 on each day's prompt:
Sketch 50 by Anthippi

No comments:

Post a Comment